Any student currently enrolled in the Studio Art program (major or minor) at the University of Guelph is encouraged to apply. This includes:
- Undergraduate Students
- Master of Fine Art Students
- Studio Class Exhibitions
Submissions are made through our online application form (see below) and must include the following:
Project Description (max. 500 words) write a detail description of your proposed exhibition, including a conceptual overview of the work. Outline how your exhibition will engage audiences and/or encourage public interaction. For group proposals, describe the relationship between each artist’s work.
Artist Bio (max. 500 words per artist) write a concise statement describing your work and interests. For group proposals, describe the relationship between each artist’s practice.
- A minimum of ten images/pieces of proposed and/or recent work.
- Images should be in either JPEG or PNG format only.
- Minimum resolution should be 2000 pixels on the longest side.
- File size 2 MB to 5 MB maximum.
- Please title each image using this format – “LastName_01”, “LastName_02”.
Note: If this is a group show, please include 3 images for each artist.
2. A maximum 3 audio/video files.
- Files should be in MP3 (preferred) or MP4 format.
- Video size must not exceed 100 MB.
- Students are encouraged to provide a link to video streaming service such as YouTube or Vimeo to host their videos rather than submitting the video files.
Note: 1 video/audio file represents 1 image.
3. Image list that includes title, date completed, dimensions and description of media/techniques used.
Please provide any lighting, sound, projection, installation, or 3D rendering requirements.
Note: The Rental Fee is $70.00, which includes a nonrefundable $20 to rent the gallery, (covers gallery expenses) and a refundable $50 security deposit.
For class exhibitions, the rental fee is always waived.
Submissions will be assessed according to artistic merit and innovation, ability to see the project to completion, application clarity and completeness, and responsiveness to the virtual and physical gallery.
Once the exhibition committee has made a decision to accept your proposal, they will be in contact and will forward a contract to be signed and additional information on how to proceed with helpful tips and guidelines for a successful exhibition.
Exhibitions for the gallery are planned one semester in advance.
Winter Semester 2024: November 17th 5pm, 2023
In some exceptional circumstances, there may be an open opportunity each semester to submit your work. Please email email@example.com to inquire about exhibition availability and submitting your work past the dates noted above.